Ten classic wedding cars worth around £500,000 have gone up in flames in Peterborough, a disaster that now sees the family-run business with a huge dent in their fleet. The accident saw 50 fire fighters make their way to the depot, trying to control the voracious flames that engulfed the vehicles
What cars were destroyed?
Renowned for offering a stellar transport service to the area the family are understandably upset by the loss of their cars, something that will directly affect the running of their operations.
Cars destroyed included:
- 1960 Bentley S2 – sporting luxurious red leather interior
- 1930s Ford A – exhibiting white coachwork with black trim and cream interior
- 1934 Rolls Royce 20/25 – white bodywork and black trim
- 1929 Ford A – a convertible with black and white coachwork
- 1932 Austin 12/6 – adorned in red leather
- Rolls Royce Silver Cloud 11 1962 – with stunning blue carpets
- Beauford 1930 – convertible
- 1950 Bentley MKV1 – a restoration
- Daimler – white with grey interior
- 1937 American Studebaker – red American car
A statement from Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: ‘The fire had started in the garage and rapidly spread throughout the large garage and to the house owing to the strong winds and a fuel tank becoming involved in the fire.
The garage contained a number of cars which were all burnt out.’
Group commander Sean Brown, said: ‘This was a particularly difficult fire to tackle which was exacerbated by strong winds, cylinders in the garage and the need for a large water supply.
‘We used a relay of fire engines to bring water to the scene from a nearby hydrant and the fire was under control by 10pm.
‘Sadly the fire has completely destroyed the garage, its contents and the adjoining house.’
At Limo Broker our hearts go out to the family! Share your thoughts on this disaster by commenting below.